Sunday, May 11, 2008

Solitude

I have not posted in a few days. I have been up in the solitude. In my mind I have been seeing that Snow-drop Spider and the kite-like white moth. The poet asked what brought them to this height. I can't answer that question.

Was it by design or happenstance? The poet proposes two possibilities: predestination or chance. But spiders spin where they spin and moths fly where they fly. It is only you and I and poets who ponder about this.

And therein lies the other possibility. We are different than bugs and arachnids and all other creatures. I want to ruminate about what it is, this third possibility and that concerns free will verses God's will, sin and suffering, all those little issues.

So I have been silent and listening. I tell you the truth, I do not understand everything about God; but God understands everything about me. He made me, not I Him. I proceed in my musings with caution and prayer. It is not wrong to wonder about the ways of the Lord, but I am sharing my thoughts here and I ask that I don't proceed in error and lead anyone astray.

...let the wise listen and add to their learning,
and let the discerning get guidance--
for understanding proverbs and parables,
the sayings and riddles of the wise.
Prov 1:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment