Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Christian: Two - Politically Incorrect is being...

Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. "Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their fathers treated the prophets...Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for that is how their fathers treated the false prophets. Luke 6:22-23, 26  

You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth? That kind of persuasion does not come from the one who calls you. "A little yeast works through the whole batch of dough." I am confident in the Lord that you will take no other view. The one who is throwing you into confusion will pay the penalty, whoever he may be. Brothers, if I am still preaching circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been abolished.  Galatians 5:7-11 

"Aaaah-chooo!"

"God bless."

"Here we go."

"What do you mean?"

"Waving your Bible in my face trying to save me."

"I was just being polite."

"Yeah, then what's that you're holding?"

"My Bible, but I wasn't waving it anywhere. I'm going to church."

"Oh yeah, off to your (bleeping) holier-than-thou club."

"Why don't you come with me?"

"See there you go. (Bleeping) trying to tell me how to live."

"No, I just thought if you came you might see it isn't what you think. Maybe you would even enjoy it."

"Don't you go judging me and telling me what I should enjoy. Hey, I don't need that (bleep)." 

"I wasn't jodging you or telling you to do anything. I just wanted you to see what we really believe"

"Bull(bleep).  You want to believe that stuff, fine, but just keep it the (bleep) to yourself."

"I can't and still claim to be Christian."

"Hey, nobody has a right protalyzing people all the time."

"Such as which polital candidate to vote for?"   

"That's different."

"No, it really isn't. It's just a far more intrusive prostalyzing for a particular viewpoint of lesser inport"

"Go to Hell!"

"No, I won't."

"Yeah, but you wish I would."

"I didn't say that."

"But you think it. Your so full of hate you want anyone who disagrees with you to go to Hell."

"Christians full of hate can't be Christians. Actually  



 "You (bleeping) intolerant, narrow-minded (bleep). I'll see you in hell."

"No, you won't. But I truly hope I'll see you elsewhere."

"Oh, come on. 


I hear quite often how Christians are intolerant. In their mind this intolerance is defined as holding to our belief that the only way to God is through Jesus Christ. But holding strongly to a certain belief is not being intolerant. I don't think these people really know the definition of the word:

Intolerant - (a.) unwilling to grant equal freedom of expression especially in religious matters; (b.) unwilling to grant or share social, political, or professional rights: bigoted. [Merriam-Webster Dictionary]

Intolerant - 1. refusal to accept differences: unwillingness or refusal to accept people who are different from you, or views, beliefs, or lifestyles that differ from your own. [Encarta)






No comments:

Post a Comment